Reflection

Quality of Work:
Throughout this semester, I think that the quality of my work has improved immensely. The composition of my pieces has been complicated and takes more time to put my pieces together to make sure it looks the best it can. I tend to use multiple tiny sections from multiple pictures to composite my total picture uniquely. I try to take my time when completing a project, but I make sure that I am completing/fulfilling everything that needs to be in my project. For my silhouette project, I used a sharing color, blue, to make sure my project would flow together, but also to symbolize the fact that my favorite color is blue. I added this theme of blue to give a more in depth meaning behind it about  myself. When the year started, I would take one picture of my first idea and use that for my projects, now I take around 20-50 pictures or more than one thing until I find the perfect object or angle. For the blue project, I had begun to use a picture of me diving in Hawaii, because the picture was blue and it was in the water, were I was also wearing a blue and black wetsuit, but after taking more pictures, I landed on my final decision of the perfect contrasting sunset. So overall, the quality of my work has improved tremendously over the past few months.

Effort:
For a while now, I have been obsessed with photography. Before this class, I would take my friends all over florida to different locations to take pictures of them, but now when I do this, I not only take pictures of my friends, but I take pictures of the things around me. I do this so that I have multiple unique pictures for this specific class. A few of my pictures used this year have been from the Bahamas (silhouette), Hawaii (blue), St. Augustine (blue), and boca grande (selective editing). I usually take about a week to think of the best place and research the best locations when I take my pictures. Usually I try and take as many pictures as I can but sometimes I run out of angles to take and sometimes just give up on trying to find more angles to take pictures of the object in. When we go around the room I love hearing criticism towards my pieces because it helps me to improve my pieces and improve my work for the future. Sometimes if I feel I have taken my time on a project I stay positive about the piece, but if I feel like I could have done more or I was rushed I  will look down on my project and not want to look at it.

Participation:
This whole year I have never been late to this class, I have not been crazy or not pay attention. I usually work for the whole class unless I finish a project and work on a different class' work. I try to stay on top of getting my projects done on time and trying to stay focused for the entire period. I usually do not talk during class unless I ask someone at my table for help with something. Overall I think I am a pretty good student in this class.

Improvement:
Over the past couple months, I have improved  photography abilities immensely. I have changed my style of photos to be more intense, I have learned to play with the picture adjustments to make my photo look the best that I can. I have definitely had more compelling images because at the beginning of the year my work was not catching anybody's eye, but the last three critiques my picture has been chosen for the one people really got attracted to. I feel more confident when I show my pictures because of how hard I work on them and how much time I put into making them the way they are.

Adjustment:
I will take way more photos when doing my projects next semester. I hope to be able to think of amazing ideas and capture my ideas in my picture. I think a picture of more detail would be awesome. To take a super upclose picture to capture detail nobody really notices. Ex: a sidewalk and the grooves and rocks in the ground or the hairs on a peach.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

my past self